Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Corpse Reviver #3?

It's really hard to make a cocktail and take a picture of it with one
hand. I held my baby girl a lot today. She was a little cranky and
only relaxed when held.
I managed to squeeze the lemon and add all of the ingredients to the
shaker. I was not able to break the ice or take a decent picture of
the finished product.
The drink is actually called a Corpse Reviver #2. It was very good.
I've been wanting to make this for a while but never have Lillet. I
decided the Dolin Blanc would make a fine substitute. Hence #3
I think it was created as a breakfast cocktail, something for the
morning after.

1oz gin
1oz Cointreau
1oz Lillet Blanc (I used Dolin)
1oz lemon juice
3 drops pastis
Shake and double strain into coupe glass over a stemless cherry.
For the cherry I used a Luxardo Maraschino soaked in Maraschino liqueur.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should rename it "The Barlow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe I should have named my daughter "Corpse Reviver #2"

    ReplyDelete